British Airways has cancelled its daily service from London Gatwick to New York JFK from Tuesday 14 January to Monday 10 February 2020.
The affected flight numbers are BA2273 from London Gatwick to New York JFK and BA2272 from New York JFK to London Gatwick.
No specific reason has been given for the cancellations other than “commercial reasons” which suggests low seasonal demand.
Passengers whose flights have been cancelled are entitled to a full refund. Passengers can also be re-accommodated on alternative American Airlines and BA services from London Heathrow. However, any additional costs such as ground transportation and hotels will be at passengers’ expense.
Passengers can check the status of their booking using the Manage My Booking tool on ba.com
Affected passengers should contact BA or their travel agent.
More to read on British Airways Disruption
Here are our latest posts on disruption affecting British Airways:
- Possible British Airways Strike Ballot
- British Airways London Gatwick – New York JFK Cancellations
- Air Belgium to operate Heathrow – Cairo for British Airways
- British Airways Boeing 787 Cancellations
- BA Heathrow – Abu Dhabi Cancellations
- British Airways Doha Cancellations May 2019
- British Airways Mumbai & New Delhi Cancellations
- Air Belgium to operate Heathrow – Toronto for British Airways
- Air Belgium to operate Heathrow – Newark for British Airways
- BA Doha Cancellations February – March 2019