LOT Polish Airlines (“LOT”) is launched a new second route from London City to Budapest.
The airline will fly from London City airport to Budapest twice daily on weekdays and once a day on weekends. This announcement comes just a week after LOT announced London City – Warsaw.
Like Warsaw, this will be the only direct route from London City to Budapest. However, Budapest is a much smaller airport for LOT than Warsaw, so there’s little to offer in terms of onward connections.
The official announcement from London City airport says the route launches on Tuesday 19 February 2019. However, we can see flights on sale from Monday 18 February 2019.
Like London City – Warsaw, flights will be operated with an Embraer E190 aircraft. LOT will offer three classes of service, economy, premium economy and business class, on this route.
British Airways has confirmed changes to its London Heathrow short-haul timetable for the Winter 2013 season, which starts at the end of October.
The changes are relatively modest and mainly concern small increases and decreases in frequencies on certain routes.
– Agadir increases from two flights a week to three.
– Basel increases from 21 to 26 flights a week.
– Amsterdam, Athens, Hamburg and Nice also benefit from small increases of 1-2 flights a week.
– Flights to Manchester reduce from 72 to 68 a week.
– Prague also reduces by five flights from 33 to 28 flights a week.
– Aberdeen, Barcelona, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Paris Charles de Gualle, Rome, Stockholm and Zurich also reduce by 1-3 flights a week.
The daily flight to Larnaca also reverts back from a night-time departure to a day-time departure from London Heathrow, with the flight from Heathrow leaving at 12:05 and returning to Heathrow at 19:40.
There are also timetable changes to Rotterdam with BA’s three daily flights moved to earlier times. There are also relatively modest changes to timings for BA’s twice daily flights to Bergen and Stavanger.
Summer Seasonal Flights
BA’s weekly summer Saturday flights from London Heathrow to Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca also finish on Saturday 26 October 2013. The airline will continue to fly all year round to Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca from London City airport.