Unite, the union which represents British Airways “Mixed Fleet” cabin crew at London Heathrow, is currently taking industrial action through to 30 August 2017. The industrial action may be extended beyond this date, subject to a 14 day notice period. However, no further industrial action has been announced.
Here are the confirmed cancellations to date from to Wednesday 23 August to Thursday 31 August.
Please note this page is updated regularly. Please keep checking for updates for flights up to Thursday 31 August 2017. Further cancellations should become known from 24 – 72 hours in advance.
The following flights should be operating normally:
- All flights from London City and London Stansted
- All flights from London Gatwick should operate as normal. However, some flights to New York JFK may be cancelled.
- All flights from UK regional airports (apart from flights to London Heathrow)
- The majority of flights from London Heathrow except London Heathrow – Doha
- Flights operated by codeshare partners, Oneworld alliance members and other airlines owned by BA’s parent company IAG are also not affected
- If your flight is cancelled you will offered the opportunity to rebook to an alternative flight or a refund
- Passengers who are due to travel to Doha will also be re-accommodated on Qatar Airways
The best advice is to check your booking using the Manage My Booking tool and ensure your e-mail and telephone contact details are up to date. In addition, it is a good idea to download the BA app to your smartphone to receive notifications about your flight.
You can also check live flight information on the websites of Heathrow and BA. The Heathrow website shows flight information up to the next day, and the BA site shows flight information (by number and route) for the next ten days.
In terms of the risk of further industrial action, the union is required to give 14 days’ notice to BA. So if there are no announcements two weeks before your flight you can assume it is not a risk of strike action.
Continue reading “BA Cabin Crew Strike Flight Cancellations 23 – 31 August 2017”