British Airways has cancelled its daily flight between London Heathrow and Doha for a period of six days between Saturday 1 July to Friday 7 2017.
The affected flight numbers are BA123 and BA122. BA123 is cancelled from London Heathrow to Doha from Saturday 1 July to Thursday 6 July. BA122 is cancelled from Doha to London Heathrow from Sunday 2 July to Friday 7 July.
Update 4 July: The period of cancellations has been extended to Tuesday 11 July for BA123 and Wednesday 12 July for BA122.
Update 5 July: The period of cancellations has been extended to Sunday 16 July for BA123 and Monday 17 July for BA122.
Update 13 July: The period of cancellations has been extended yet again and are likely to continue for the remainder of July. Given the long duration of cancellations this does raise the question of the viability of the route for BA, as it cannot sustain a route without a reputation for reliability.
It is highly likely that this is connected to planned strike action by “Mixed Fleet” London Heathrow cabin crew on these dates. As the industrial action is planned to from 1 July to 16 July, there is the possibility of further cancellations. Here is a list of additional London Heathrow cancellations due to strike action.
BA has a rebooking agreement with Qatar Airways (which is a fellow Oneworld alliance member and a 20% shareholder of BA’s parent company International Airlines Group).
If your flight is cancelled you have the option of rebooking on to one of Qatar Airways’ five daily flights from London Heathrow to Doha up to three days before or after your original date of travel.
However, it is important to note the following:
- Qatar Airways operated flights depart from London Heathrow Terminal 4.
- Qatar Airways does not have a premium economy cabin. Therefore, if you are booked in World Traveller Plus on BA and your flight is cancelled, you will be downgraded to economy on Qatar Airways and you should be able to claim compensation for the downgrade.
- If you have a connection at Doha to a destination served directly by British Airways and your ticket was issued by BA, you have the option of rebooking on to a direct BA flight. For example, if you are booked to fly London Heathrow – Doha – Hong Kong you can rebook on to BA’s London Heathrow – Hong Kong flights.
- If you are connecting from a flight in the UK and Europe to London Heathrow for onward travel to Doha (for example, Edinburgh or Paris) you have the option of rebooking on to a direct Qatar Airways flight to Doha (if available).
- If any of the rebooking options are not satisfactory, you will have the option of a full refund.
Affected passengers should check the status of their booking at ba.com and contact either BA or their travel agent.
For the latest news on the cabin crew strike, please visit our strike information page.