British Airways has continued cancelling its daily flight between London Heathrow and Doha due to industrial action by cabin crew.
The affected flight numbers are BA123 and BA122.
BA123 is cancelled from London Heathrow to Doha from Monday 17 July to Tuesday 1 August, having already been cancelled during all of July to this date.
BA122 is also cancelled from Doha to London Heathrow from Thursday 20 July to Wednesday 2 August.
Given that this route has already suffered extensive cancellations this year, it does leave the question as to the long term viability of the route for BA.
BA has a rebooking agreement with Qatar Airways (which is a fellow Oneworld alliance member and a 20% shareholder of BA’s parent company International Airlines Group).
If your flight is cancelled you have the option of rebooking on to one of Qatar Airways’ five daily flights from London Heathrow to Doha up to three days before or after your original date of travel.
However, it is important to note the following:
- Qatar Airways operated flights depart from London Heathrow Terminal 4.
- Qatar Airways does not have a premium economy cabin. Therefore, if you are booked in World Traveller Plus on BA and your flight is cancelled, you will be downgraded to economy on Qatar Airways and you should be able to claim compensation for the downgrade.
- If you have a connection at Doha to a destination served directly by British Airways and your ticket was issued by BA, you have the option of rebooking on to a direct BA flight. For example, if you are booked to fly London Heathrow – Doha – Hong Kong you can rebook on to BA’s London Heathrow – Hong Kong flights.
- If you are connecting from a flight in the UK and Europe to London Heathrow for onward travel to Doha (for example, Edinburgh or Paris) you have the option of rebooking on to a direct Qatar Airways flight to Doha (if available).
- If any of the rebooking options are not satisfactory, you will have the option of a full refund.
Affected passengers should check the status of their booking at ba.com and contact either BA or their travel agent.