British Airways has cancel its five times weekly flight between London Heathrow and Muscat due to industrial action by cabin crew.
The affected flight numbers are BA79 and BA80.
BA79 is cancelled from London Heathrow to Muscat from Wednesday 16 to Monday 21 August.
BA80 is also cancelled from Muscat to London Heathrow from Thursday 17 to Tuesday 22 August.
As the industrial action could well run into September there may well be further cancellations.
BA has a rebooking agreement with Qatar Airways (which is a fellow Oneworld alliance member and a 20% shareholder of BA’s parent company International Airlines Group) via Doha.
If your flight is cancelled you have the option of rebooking on to one of Qatar Airways’ five daily flights from London Heathrow to Doha up to three days before or after your original date of travel and connecting on to one of Qatar’s five daily flights between Doha and Muscat.
However, it is important to note the following:
- All Qatar Airways operated flights depart from London Heathrow Terminal 4.
- Qatar Airways does not have a premium economy cabin. Therefore, if you are booked in World Traveller Plus on BA and your flight is cancelled, you will be downgraded to economy on Qatar Airways and you should be able to claim compensation for the downgrade.
- If you are booked into BA Club World on London Heathrow – Muscat you should be booked into First Class on Doha – Muscat
- If any of the rebooking options are not satisfactory, you will have the option of a full refund.
- Any additional consequential expenses such as meals on your stopover at Doha are likely to be at your expense
Affected passengers should check the status of their booking at ba.com and contact either BA or their travel agent.
For the latest news on the cabin crew strike, please visit our strike information page.