Today, we have had the first concrete announcement of improvements to Club World.
The White Company comes to BA Club World
BA has unveiled a new partnership with The White Company to provide in-flight amenities for Club World passengers.
The existing Club World bedding comprising a single blanket and a very small pillow and Elemis washbag will be replaced with new amenities from The White Company.
These include a brand new amenity kit, a much larger pillow and a day cushion. The bedding will now include a woven blanket with satin trim, a duvet and a padded mattress cover.
These amenities will be first available on the London Heathrow – New York JFK route from the autumn and will be progressively extended to the rest of BA’s long-haul network in the coming months.
The New York JFK route will also be the first route to experience new Club World catering in the autumn. BA has also announced new measures to improve the environment for sleeping on board such as removing the use of trolleys for meal services during night flights and introducing pre-order breakfast cards.
On the perennial question of when BA is going to unveil a new Club World seat, the airline has promised a new seat with aisle access for all in 2019.
BA’s existing relationship with Elemis extends far beyond Club World and includes Elemis travel spas at London Heathrow and New York JFK. Today’s announcement has been silent on this, so it is assumed that these will continue.
First impressions are that the new bedding is a huge improvement on the current offer and its introduction should be welcomed.
You can read BA’s take on today’s news on ba.com
Update: As of 23 October 2017, the new bedding is available on London Heathrow – New York JFK flights and will be progressively rolled out on the rest of the network in 2018.
Update February 2018: The new bedding should now be available on the following routes: Atlanta, Dubai, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Kuwait, Los Angeles, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, and Washington Dulles.
More to read on BA Club World:
- BA’s New Club Suite On The Boeing 777-200
- BA Club World Miami – London Heathrow
- BA Club World London Heathrow – Miami
- BA Club World Upper Deck Seating Changes
- BA Club World Seat Selection Charge Changes
- What Else Is Happening With Club World?
- This Is British Airways New Club World Suite
- The Evolution of British Airways Club World
- BA’s New Club World Seat Arrives July 2019
- British Airways modifies new Club World meal service
- BA’s New Club World Service – One Year On
- BA Club World Montréal – London Heathrow Reviewed
- BA Club World London Heathrow – Montréal Reviewed
- BA Club World Catering: New York JFK – London Heathrow
- BA’s new Club World catering & bedding reviewed