London Air Travel » British Airways » British Airways Disruption »
British Airways continues to selectively cancel flights to allow for additional checks and maintenance to the engines of its Boeing 787 Dreamliner fleet.
Previously Announced Cancellations
BA has applied blanket cancellations to the following Heathrow routes during May and June of this year:
BA123 from London Heathrow to Doha is cancelled from Thursday 9 May until Monday 27 May 2019.
BA122 from Doha to London Heathrow is cancelled from Friday 10 May until Tuesday 28 May 2019.
Passengers will be re-accommodated on Qatar Airways serves between London Heathrow and Doha.
BA139 from London Heathrow to Mumbai is cancelled from Friday 14 June to Sunday 30 June 2019.
BA138 from Mumbai to London Heathrow is cancelled from Saturday 15 June to Monday 1 July 2019.
Passengers will be re-accommodated on alternative BA services between London Heathrow and Mumbai.
BA73 from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi is cancelled on 8, 9, 10, 11 and 21, 22 June 2019.
BA72 from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow is cancelled on 9, 10, 11, 12 and 22, 23 June 2019.
Passengers will be re-accommodated on alternative BA services between London Heathrow and Dubai, with any consequential costs at passenger’s expense.
BA has, today Friday 10 May 2019, also announced the following tactical cancellations up until late August 2019:
BA123 London Heathrow – Doha 24 & 25 June
BA122 Doha – London Heathrow 25 & 26 June
BA73 London Heathrow – Abu Dhabi 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 July 2019
BA72 Abu Dhabi – London Heathrow 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 July 2019
BA69 London Heathrow – Philadelphia 5 July
BA68 Philadelphia – London Heathrow 5 July
BA215 London Heathrow – Boston 20, 21, 27 & 28 July
BA214 Boston – London Heathrow 20, 21, 27 & 28 July
BA193 London Heathrow – Dallas Fort Worth 3, 4, 5 & 6 August
BA192 Dallas Fort Worth – London Heathrow 3, 4, 5 & 6 August
BA167 London Heathrow – Tel Aviv 17, 18, 19 & 20 August
BA166 Tel Aviv – London Heathrow 18, 19, 20 & 21 August
BA197 London Heathrow – Houston 28 & 29 August
BA196 Houston – London Heathrow 28 & 29 August
Passengers whose flights have been cancelled will be re-accomodated on alternative BA flights or those of partner airlines. Alternatively, passengers are entitled to a full refund.
Affected passengers should check the status of their booking at ba.com and contact either BA or their travel agent.
More to read on British Airways Disruption
Here are our latest posts on disruption affecting British Airways:
- British Airways Averts Heathrow Ground Staff Strike
- British Airways Heathrow Staff Vote For Strike Action
- British Airways Winter Long-Haul Route Suspensions
- BA Rebooking Policy For Passengers Returning To The UK
- BA Extends Use Of Vouchers To Africa Franchise Comair
- BA Adds Flexibility For Corporate / On Business Customers
- British Airways Extends “Book With Confidence” Policy
- British Airways Extends Coronavirus Rebooking Policy
- British Airways Flight Plan – April – August 2020
- Coronavirus: British Airways Catering Changes
- British Airways Cuts North America Flights
- British Airways One-Way Fares To / From The USA
- British Airways Extends Flexible Rebooking Policy
- British Airways Flexible Rebooking Policy For The USA
- British Airways Flexible Rebooking Policy For India