London Air Travel » British Airways » British Airways Club World »
BA has announced today (4 November 2016) at the Capital Markets Day of its parent company, International Airlines group, a significant investment in its Club World long-haul business class cabin.
At the outset, we should say this is unlikely to involve BA removing its “yin-yang” 2-4-2 Club World seating configuration from existing long-haul aircraft.
A new Club World seat is planned for the Airbus A350 aircraft which is not due to enter service for some time. However, this is expected to maintain the 2-4-2 configuration, but with modifications to provide direct aisle access for all.
Whilst this is uncompetitive against many airlines which have introduced business class seats with all aisle access, BA favours the density of seating afforded by this configuration.
What BA does promise is a significant improvement in food & beverage through, for example, the ability to pre-order a wider range of meals online in advance of a flight and a complete redesign of the in-flight service.
BA also promises investment in cabin crew training and an improvements to cabin ambience to provide a better environment for sleeping (we’re not quite sure what that will be).
In the interests of expectations management, this investment is unlikely to involve increases in cabin crew numbers in the cabin nor changes to the size of the galleys on the aircraft, so we would not expect anything truly radical. BA is also not likely to introduce anything that adds significant weight to aircraft or could result in high levels of wastage.
No date has been set for the changes. However, when they are implemented it is likely they will be introduced gradually across the route network.
You can view the full slide deck from the Capital Markets Day here.
More to read on BA Club World:
- British Airways Club Suite Roll-Out Plans
- BA’s New Club Suite On The Boeing 777-200
- BA Club World Miami – London Heathrow
- BA Club World London Heathrow – Miami
- BA Club World Upper Deck Seating Changes
- BA Club World Seat Selection Charge Changes
- What Else Is Happening With Club World?
- This Is British Airways New Club World Suite
- The Evolution of British Airways Club World
- BA’s New Club World Seat Arrives July 2019
- British Airways modifies new Club World meal service
- BA’s New Club World Service – One Year On
- BA Club World Montréal – London Heathrow Reviewed
- BA Club World London Heathrow – Montréal Reviewed
- BA Club World Catering: New York JFK – London Heathrow
7 thoughts on “BA promises major investment in Club World”