British Airways has applied blanket cancellations to its five times weekly service from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi during June & July 2019.
BA73 from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi is cancelled on 8, 9, 10, 11 and 21, 22 June 2019.
BA72 from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow is cancelled on 9, 10, 11, 12 and 22, 23 June 2019.
Passengers whose flights have been cancelled are entitled to a full refund. Alternatively, passengers can fly on an alternative BA operated flight between London Heathrow and Abu Dhabi within three days of the original date of travel. However, any additional expenses such as ground transportation will be at the passenger’s expense.
The reason for the cancellations is ongoing maintenance requirements to Rolls-Royce engines of its fleet of Boeing 787 Dreamliners. Whilst the issue is expected to abate by the end of the year, it won’t be until 2020 until it is fully resolved.
BA has also been required to put in place blanket cancellations on flights from London Heathrow to Mumbai and New Delhi and London Heathrow – Doha. BA has also wet lease an aircraft from Air Belgium to cover select flights from London Heathrow to Newark and Toronto.
Update Thursday 27 June 2019
British Airways has announced additional cancellations between Heathrow and Abu Dhabi in early July:
BA73 from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi is cancelled on 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 & 8 July 2019.
BA72 from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow is cancelled on 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9 July 2019.
In addition to the options above, affected passengers can also fly on BA operated flights between London Heathrow and Dubai. However, any consequential costs such as ground such as ground transportation will be at passengers’ expense.
Update 1 July 2019
For passengers whose flights have been cancelled between 2 and 9 July, BA is also offering re-accommodation via Bahrain, connecting to/from Etihad Airways between Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. BA may also re-accommodate some passengers on direct Etihad Airways services between London Heathrow and Abu Dhabi.
More to read on British Airways Disruption
Here are our latest posts on disruption affecting British Airways:
- British Airways Boeing 787 Disruption Update
- Titan Airways To Operate London Heathrow – Cairo For BA
- British Airways Strike Cancellation
- British Airways Pilot Strike 27 September 2019 Update
- British Airways Pilot Strike Update
- British Airways Pilot Strike – 9, 10 & 27 September 2019
- British Airways Pilot Strike Ballot Update – Friday 2 August
- BA Fails To Challenge BALPA Strike Ballot At Court Of Appeal
- British Airways Pilot Strike Ballot Result Update
- British Airways Pilots Vote For Industrial Action
- British Airways Pilot Strike Ballot Update
- British Airways Heathrow – Cairo Aircraft Change
- Possible British Airways Strike Ballot
- British Airways London Gatwick – New York JFK Cancellations
- Air Belgium to operate Heathrow – Cairo for British Airways