British Airways continues to wet lease an Airbus A340 aircraft from Air Belgium at London Heathrow.
One return flight, BA185 & BA184 from Heathrow to Newark is currently operated by Air Belgium until Saturday 8 June 2019.
Another return flight, BA93 & BA92 from Heathrow to Toronto, will be operated by Air Belgium from Sunday 9 June to Saturday 17 August 2019.
Heathrow – Cairo Wet Lease
The wet lease has now been extended to Cairo.
BA155 from London Heathrow to Cairo will be operated by Air Belgium from Sunday 18 August 2019 to Thursday 31 October 2019.
BA154 from Cairo to London Heathrow will be operated by Air Belgium from Monday 19 August 2019 to Friday 1 November 2019.
The flight will be operated by an Air Belgium A340-300 aircraft.
The route is currently operated by a three class Boeing 777-200 and was due to switch to a Boeing 787 for the winter season, instead of a two class Airbus A321, as per last winter.
The overall service standard on Air Belgium should be similar to that of BA.
All passengers have the option of rebooking on to BA’s alternative return flights from Heathrow to Cairo as close to your original date of travel as possible.
Full refunds are not available, except for Club World and World Traveller Plus passengers, unless allowed by the original fare rules.
Premium Economy Passengers
There is no premium economy cabin on Air Belgium aircraft.
Unless passengers rebook on to an alternative BA service, they will be downgraded to economy and receive a partial refund of their fare.
Passengers will retain their original baggage allowance and Avios earning entitlement. Some passengers may also be upgraded to business class.
Passengers can check the status of their booking using the Manage My Booking tool on ba.com
Affected passengers should contact BA or their travel agent.
More to read on British Airways Disruption
Here are our latest posts on disruption affecting British Airways:
- British Airways Winter Long-Haul Route Suspensions
- BA Rebooking Policy For Passengers Returning To The UK
- BA Extends Use Of Vouchers To Africa Franchise Comair
- BA Adds Flexibility For Corporate / On Business Customers
- British Airways Extends “Book With Confidence” Policy
- British Airways Extends Coronavirus Rebooking Policy
- British Airways Flight Plan – April – August 2020
- Coronavirus: British Airways Catering Changes
- British Airways Cuts North America Flights
- British Airways One-Way Fares To / From The USA
- British Airways Extends Flexible Rebooking Policy
- British Airways Flexible Rebooking Policy For The USA
- British Airways Flexible Rebooking Policy For India
- British Airways Extends Italy Rebooking Policies
- British Airways Coronavirus Cancellations – March 2020