Welcome to our 100 part series on the history of BA and its predecessor airlines.
The Flower Duet by Léo Delibes from the opera Lakmé has been the effective theme of BA.
It has featured in many adverts and has often been played during the boarding of aircraft.
It has been remixed many times, including by Dave Stewart for “The world is closer than you think” advertising campaign in 1997 and subsequent campaigns such as “The way to fly” in 2004.
More To Read From BA100:
- BA100: Number One.
- BA100: 2. Concorde
- BA100: 3. “The Face”
- BA100: 4. The Queen of the Skies, The Boeing 747
- BA100: 5. Lord Marshall of Knightsbridge
- BA100: 6. Club World
- BA100: 7. Royal Duties.
- BA100: 8. The Day That Changed The World
- BA100: 9. London Heathrow
- BA100: 10. “The Flower Duet” Léo Delibes
- BA100: 11. A BA Miscellany
- BA100: 12. Chutzpah & Chutzpah – BA & Saatchi
- BA100: 13. The British Airways Uniform
- BA100: 14. Virgin Atlantic
- BA100: 15. “The World’s Favourite Airline”