Welcome to our 100 part series on the history of BA and its predecessor airlines.
To 1985 where BA is well into the era of a financial and customer service turnaround as “The World’s Favourite Airline.”.
After Saatchi & Saatchi had repositioned BA as a worldwide carrier, this campaign from late 1985 was the start of BA promoting with overt self-confidence not only its global reach, but also its on board service.
It was primarily aimed at attracting Concorde, First and business class passengers. The campaign also sought to encourage economy passengers by emphasising that benefits available to premium passengers are also available to all passengers.
“The British Concorde attitude. You’ll find it at every altitude.” “On our 747s or other aircraft. In the air or on the ground.”
More To Read From BA100:
- BA100: Number One.
- BA100: 2. Concorde
- BA100: 3. “The Face”
- BA100: 4. The Queen of the Skies, The Boeing 747
- BA100: 5. Lord Marshall of Knightsbridge
- BA100: 6. Club World
- BA100: 7. Royal Duties.
- BA100: 8. The Day That Changed The World
- BA100: 9. London Heathrow
- BA100: 10. “The Flower Duet” Léo Delibes
- BA100: 11. A BA Miscellany
- BA100: 12. Chutzpah & Chutzpah – BA & Saatchi
- BA100: 13. The British Airways Uniform
- BA100: 14. Virgin Atlantic
- BA100: 15. “The World’s Favourite Airline”