Welcome to our 100 part series on the history of BA and its predecessor airlines.
To 1985 where BA is well into the era of a financial and customer service turnaround as “The World’s Favourite Airline.”.
After Saatchi & Saatchi had repositioned BA as a worldwide carrier, this campaign from late 1985 was the start of BA promoting with overt self-confidence not only its global reach, but also its on board service.
It was primarily aimed at attracting Concorde, First and business class passengers. The campaign also sought to encourage economy passengers by emphasising that benefits available to premium passengers are also available to all passengers.
“The British Concorde attitude. You’ll find it at every altitude.” “On our 747s or other aircraft. In the air or on the ground.”
More To Read From BA100:
- BA100: 26. British Airtours Flight 28M
- BA100: 27. Imperial Airways’ Silver Wing Service
- BA100: 28. BOAC Presents “Tomorrow Is Theirs”
- BA100: 29. Flight BA38
- BA100: 30. “Opportunities” (2009)
- BA100: 31. The Iberia Merger
- BA100: 32. The Landor Livery
- BA100: 33. Swift, Silent, Serene, The BOAC VC10
- BA100: 34. Flight BA149, The Last Flight To Kuwait
- BA100: 35. Project Utopia, The World Tailfins
- BA100: 36. The Friendly Independent, bmi British Midland
- BA100: 37. Gatwick “The Hub Without The Hubbub”
- BA100: 38. Competing Against Low-Cost Airlines
- BA100: 39. The Airbus A380 Aircraft
- BA100: 40. Not Everything Ages Well