Welcome to our 100 part series on the history of BA and its predecessor airlines.
In addition to regular scheduled flights to Barbados and New York, Concorde used to operate charter flights to scores of destinations around the world.
At Christmas, Concorde used to operate special flights to Rovaniemi, Lapland. In a Christmas promotion, BA gave away 1,000 seats on Concorde flights to Lapland.
In a TV advert that says just enough, but not too much to spoil Christmas for many young children and their parents, a child when told by her father that he has won tickets to Lapland on Concorde replies “I don’t believe in Concorde”.
More To Read From BA100:
- BA100: 26. British Airtours Flight 28M
- BA100: 27. Imperial Airways’ Silver Wing Service
- BA100: 28. BOAC Presents “Tomorrow Is Theirs”
- BA100: 29. Flight BA38
- BA100: 30. “Opportunities” (2009)
- BA100: 31. The Iberia Merger
- BA100: 32. The Landor Livery
- BA100: 33. Swift, Silent, Serene, The BOAC VC10
- BA100: 34. Flight BA149, The Last Flight To Kuwait
- BA100: 35. Project Utopia, The World Tailfins
- BA100: 36. The Friendly Independent, bmi British Midland
- BA100: 37. Gatwick “The Hub Without The Hubbub”
- BA100: 38. Competing Against Low-Cost Airlines
- BA100: 39. The Airbus A380 Aircraft
- BA100: 40. Not Everything Ages Well