Welcome to our 100 part series on the history of BA and its predecessor airlines.
In addition to regular scheduled flights to Barbados and New York, Concorde used to operate charter flights to scores of destinations around the world.
At Christmas, Concorde used to operate special flights to Rovaniemi, Lapland. In a Christmas promotion, BA gave away 1,000 seats on Concorde flights to Lapland.
In a TV advert that says just enough, but not too much to spoil Christmas for many young children and their parents, a child when told by her father that he has won tickets to Lapland on Concorde replies “I don’t believe in Concorde”.
More To Read From BA100:
- BA100: Number One.
- BA100: 2. Concorde
- BA100: 3. “The Face”
- BA100: 4. The Queen of the Skies, The Boeing 747
- BA100: 5. Lord Marshall of Knightsbridge
- BA100: 6. Club World
- BA100: 7. Royal Duties.
- BA100: 8. The Day That Changed The World
- BA100: 9. London Heathrow
- BA100: 10. “The Flower Duet” Léo Delibes
- BA100: 11. A BA Miscellany
- BA100: 12. Chutzpah & Chutzpah – BA & Saatchi
- BA100: 13. The British Airways Uniform
- BA100: 14. Virgin Atlantic
- BA100: 15. “The World’s Favourite Airline”