Welcome to our 100 part series on the history of BA and its predecessor airlines.
Here is a promotional film by BOAC from the early 1950s entitled “Tomorrow Is Theirs”.
It covers all aspects of BOAC’s operation from engineering to flight and cabin crew training in the 1950s. This was of course before the advent of the jet age.
The film also shows the huge advances in flight operations and passenger reservation systems over the past 70 years. In this era, aircraft were tracked manually with plastic models on a map!
More To Read From BA100:
- BA100: Number One.
- BA100: 2. Concorde
- BA100: 3. “The Face”
- BA100: 4. The Queen of the Skies, The Boeing 747
- BA100: 5. Lord Marshall of Knightsbridge
- BA100: 6. Club World
- BA100: 7. Royal Duties.
- BA100: 8. The Day That Changed The World
- BA100: 9. London Heathrow
- BA100: 10. “The Flower Duet” Léo Delibes
- BA100: 11. A BA Miscellany
- BA100: 12. Chutzpah & Chutzpah – BA & Saatchi
- BA100: 13. The British Airways Uniform
- BA100: 14. Virgin Atlantic
- BA100: 15. “The World’s Favourite Airline”