British Airways has advised that its daily service from London Heathrow to Cairo will be subject to an aircraft change in July 2019.
These flights will be operated by a two class short-haul configured Airbus A321neo aircraft instead of a three class long-haul configured Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner:
Flight BA155 London Heathrow – Cairo – Tuesday 9 July – Friday 19 July
Flight BA154 Cairo – London Heathrow – Wednesday 10 July – Saturday 20 July
The reason for this is due to ongoing maintenance requirements to the Rolls-Royce engines of BA’s fleet.
As a consequence of this:
Club World passengers will be seated in Club Europe.
A full meal service will still be offered. Passengers will be proactively offered a partial refund of their fare. There is also the option of rebooking into an alternative BA flight, if available.
World Traveller Plus premium economy passengers will be downgraded to EuroTraveller short-haul economy.
Passengers will receive a EuroTraveller baggage allowance and Avios earning entitlement. A partial refund of the fare will be offered.
In EuroTraveller, a hot meal tray will be not be provided due to galley space limitations.
Only a cold sandwich and cereal bar will be offered.
No in-flight entertainment will be available on the aircraft.
This, like recent cancellations to Abu Dhabi, has been announced at quite short notice which suggests BA is still grappling with Boeing 787 maintenance and aircraft availability.
This route will be subject to further disruption as Air Belgium is due to operate this route from 18 August to 31 October 2019.
Passengers can check the status of their booking using the Manage My Booking tool on ba.com
Affected passengers should contact BA or their travel agent.
More to read on British Airways Disruption
Here are our latest posts on disruption affecting British Airways:
- Titan Airways To Operate London Heathrow – Cairo For BA
- British Airways Strike Cancellation
- British Airways Pilot Strike 27 September 2019 Update
- British Airways Pilot Strike Update
- British Airways Pilot Strike – 9, 10 & 27 September 2019
- British Airways Pilot Strike Ballot Update – Friday 2 August
- BA Fails To Challenge BALPA Strike Ballot At Court Of Appeal
- British Airways Pilot Strike Ballot Result Update
- British Airways Pilots Vote For Industrial Action
- British Airways Pilot Strike Ballot Update
- British Airways Heathrow – Cairo Aircraft Change
- Possible British Airways Strike Ballot
- British Airways London Gatwick – New York JFK Cancellations
- Air Belgium to operate Heathrow – Cairo for British Airways
- British Airways Boeing 787 Cancellations