easyJet is to launch a new route from London Gatwick to Dusseldorf.
The airline will fly to the city up to twice daily from Saturday 9 February 2019. The precise flight times vary by day, but on weekdays there are early morning and early evening departures from Gatwick.
Dusseldorf is also a convenient means of visiting Cologne, which easyJet does not serve from Gatwick, as you can catch a train from Dusseldorf airport to the city.
easyJet has also confirmed that it will suspend London Gatwick – Aberdeen from Friday 8 February 2019. easyJet will however continue to fly to Aberdeen daily from London Luton. This is a route whose performance seems inextricably linked to the health of oil industry traffic.
British Airways has confirmed changes to its London Heathrow short-haul timetable for the Winter 2013 season, which starts at the end of October.
The changes are relatively modest and mainly concern small increases and decreases in frequencies on certain routes.
– Agadir increases from two flights a week to three.
– Basel increases from 21 to 26 flights a week.
– Amsterdam, Athens, Hamburg and Nice also benefit from small increases of 1-2 flights a week.
– Flights to Manchester reduce from 72 to 68 a week.
– Prague also reduces by five flights from 33 to 28 flights a week.
– Aberdeen, Barcelona, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Paris Charles de Gualle, Rome, Stockholm and Zurich also reduce by 1-3 flights a week.
The daily flight to Larnaca also reverts back from a night-time departure to a day-time departure from London Heathrow, with the flight from Heathrow leaving at 12:05 and returning to Heathrow at 19:40.
There are also timetable changes to Rotterdam with BA’s three daily flights moved to earlier times. There are also relatively modest changes to timings for BA’s twice daily flights to Bergen and Stavanger.
Summer Seasonal Flights
BA’s weekly summer Saturday flights from London Heathrow to Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca also finish on Saturday 26 October 2013. The airline will continue to fly all year round to Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca from London City airport.